Certified data protection makes your company safer and impresses partners, customers and employees.
Data protection audit
When does a data protection inspection make sense for your company?
Do you know if your company is meeting the increasing requirements of your customers and partners? A data protection audit by activeMind AG provides answers – and shows you possibilities, how you can optimise data protection processes in your company. Based on a few issues, you can ascertain for yourself whether an inspection of the current state of your corporate data protection makes sense:
- Has an appointment of a data protection official occurred?
- Are your business premises and especially your server room sufficiently protected?
- Does your marketing team know the requirements that have come into effect from the data protection amendment of 2009?
- Is your IT environment sufficiently protected by data backups and a functioning firewall?
- Have you made current contracts with your IT service providers according to § 11 BDSG and conducted a documented audit of your service providers?
- Does sufficient documentation of your IT environment exist in order not to be dependent on your administrators?
- Do you only receive data from your employees that you are authorised to receive?
How does a data protection audit work?
In the first step, our experts train the management of your company with regard to the legal bases of data protection. Subsequently, we have meetings with the heads of IT, human resources, marketing and service, and thus determine the current state of data protection in your company. Thereby you benefit as a company from our auditors’ many years of expertise and a specially developed system for maturity assessment of your data protection processes.
After the audit, you receive a compact and application-related report as well as a list of concrete and prioritised recommended actions to optimise the data protection in your company in a legally compliant and efficient manner. Templates and checklists for data protection officials as well as the obligations and data protection training of your employees round of the data protection audit.
Our data protection expertise for your company
We owe our years of experience as data protection officials in companies of various sizes and industries to the practical knowledge that enables us to provide practical solutions for the specific requirements in your company. The legal training of our consultants and their in-depth IT knowledge guarantee the professional implementation and legal compliance of the solutions developed by us as part of our data protection consulting.
Funding for data protection audits
Under certain conditions, you can have the data protection audit of activeMind AG subsidized by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control [Bundesamt für Wirtschaft und Ausfuhrkontrolle (BAFA)]. We’ve compiled more information here.